Your Daily Dose of Trump and His Administration News
- The Department of Justice revealed in a court filing released near midnight Friday that it has two dozen emails related to the President Trump’s involvement in the withholding of millions in security assistance to Ukraine — a disclosure that came just hours after the Senate voted against subpoenaing additional documents and witnesses in Trump’s impeachment trial. The filing marks the first official acknowledgment from the Trump administration that emails about the President’s thinking related to the aid exist, and that he was directly involved in asking about and deciding on the aid as early as June.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo celebrated Uzbekistan, Belarus and Kazakhstan’s efforts “loosening restrictions on the press” in a trip abroad after he clashed with an NPR reporter last month after she asked about Ukraine.
- The Environmental Protection Agency is being threatened with a lawsuit as green groups accuse it of failing to regulate pollution from airplanes, which account for 12 percent of all transportation greenhouse gas emissions.
- President Trump is expected to propose a $42 million budget increase to help the federal government expand its ability to fight human trafficking and offer support to its victims.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced that the Palestinian Authority has severed security ties with the United States and Israel this week following the introduction of President Trump’s Middle East peace plan.
- President Trump was mocked for erroneously congratulating the state of Kansas for the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl LIV victory. The Chiefs play in Missouri.