Your Daily Dose of Trump and His Administration News
- The Trump administration on Thursday signed its long-promised regulation to remove millions of miles of streams and roughly half the country’s wetlands from federal protection, the largest rollback of the Clean Water Act since the modern law was passed in 1972.
- President Trump’s 2020 budget breaks one of his biggest campaign promises to voters: that he would leave Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare untouched. Over the next 10 years, Trump’s 2020 budget proposal aims to spend $1.5 trillion less on Medicaid, $25 billion less on Social Security, and $845 billion less on Medicare.
- The Justice Department has concluded that the evidence underlying multiple warrants authorizing the surveillance of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page failed to show Page was a foreign agent, as the law requires.
- In a meeting with the president of Iraqi Kurdistan Nechirvan Barzani, Trump mistakes him for the leader of the Syrian Kurds & goes on & on talking “safe zones” in Syria & Turkey.
- GOP Senators have been warned by Trump team: “Vote against the president, and your head will be on a pike.”