Your Daily Dose of Trump and His Administration News
- At his rally in Kentucky Monday night, Trump said that Matt Bevin losing “sends a really bad message” and pleaded with his fans, “you can’t let that happen to me!”
NOTE: Blevin lost to Democratic challenger, Andy Beshear.
- Fox News is now spreading Trump’s lie that Bevin was losing by 20 points in Kentucky before Trump went there are rallied for him.
NOTE: Bevin was ahead 5 points in a poll released November 1st.
- David Hale, the under secretary of State for political affairs, arrived in the Capitol to testify in the impeachment investigation, bucking a White House that has vowed to offer no cooperation in the fast-moving inquiry. Hale is expected to provide insights into the campaign by Trump and some of his allies to remove Marie Yovanovitch from her post as U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.
- French President Emmanuel Macron took a dig at Trump over climate pact exit, “When China, the European Union and Russia commit to [the Paris Agreement], the isolated choice of this or that [country] isn’t enough to change the course of things.”
- House Intel Chair Adam Schiff confirms first impeachment open hearings are set for next week: “Those open hearings will be an opportunity for the American people to evaluate the witnesses for themselves … but also to learn first-hand about the facts of the President’s misconduct.”
- Melania Trump’s visit to Boston Medical Center was met by medical professionals out in protest.
- A federal judge in New York struck down a Trump administration rule that would allow doctors to refuse services that conflict with their religious beliefs
- Lindsey Graham, “What I can tell you about the Trump policy toward the Ukraine, it was incoherent, it depends on who you talk to. They seem to be incapable of forming a quid pro quo.”
NOTE: Republican defense of Trump has shifted from:
- The president did nothing wrong.
- The process the Dems are using is unfair..
- The president may have done something wrong, but it’s not impeachable.
- The president might have done impeachable stuff, but we just don’t care.
- The president’s bumbling Ukraine policy was so incoherent, they couldn’t properly execute a crime.