Your Daily Dose of Trump and His Administration News
- Trump reiterated his calls to reveal the name of the whistleblower, mentioning unconfirmed reports about the person’s identity and possible ties to the previous administration
- Federal appeals court in New York rejects President Trump’s bid to keep his tax returns from state criminal investigators. The three-judge appeals panel rejected Trump’s argument that he is immune, as president, from criminal investigation while in the White House.
- From the transcript: When Ambassador Yovanovitch sought advice from Gordon Sondland, the U.S. Ambassador to the European Union, he recommended that she Tweet her praise of President Trump.
- Four senior White House officials refused to testify today to House impeachment investigators: John Eisenberg, Michael Ellis, Robert Blair, and Brian McCormack.
- Trump formally began the U.S. withdrawal from the Paris climate accord on Monday, a yearlong process that sets off a global scramble to save the deal without American cooperation.